Report: Chelsea to announce Timo Werner soon, Lampard may sell Kante and Jorginho

When Chelsea can announce £53m Timo Werner deal

The 24-year-old’s release clause expires on June 15 but neither club is obligated to confirm the transfer publicly before then

The comments of RB Leipzig’s head of football, Oliver Mintzlaff, created a wave of panic among Chelsea supporters on Saturday afternoon.

By denying that an agreement for Timo Werner to join Chelsea has been struck, Mintzlaff was not lying but the deal is certain to be completed in the coming days once paperwork is finalised.

“We haven’t had an exchange with Chelsea yet. So far, Timo Werner has not drawn the clause nor has a club sent a transfer contract,” Mintzlaff told Sky Germany.

“We have nothing to report and do not take part in the daily speculation.”

Werner’s £53million release clause expires on June 15 and reduces significantly next summer, which would see the likes of Liverpool re-establish their interest.

READ Also  Report: Thiago Silva confirms PSG leave, denies Fiorentina deal, set to complete Chelsea transfer

That means the current proposed deal will need to be sign and sealed in the next week.

That means the current proposed deal will need to be sign and sealed in the next week Possibly.

The agreement will be wrapped up in the next couple of days but it is at the discretion of the clubs when they want to announce it publicly.

So when will Werner officially be a Chelsea player?

That depends on when the transfer window actually opens but also the Champions League.

Werner could stay at Leipzig until Julian Nagelsmann’s side are knocked out.

They are already into the quarter-finals after coasting past Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur before the pandemic put football on hold.

Chelsea, of course, are in the competition too but certain to be knocked out by Bayern Munich after losing the first leg 3-0.

READ Also  Chelsea News: Werner praise Lampard as the reason behind his move, Willian future in Chelsea to be decide after FA cup

It is likely that the Champions League will be concluded as a mini-tournament in one city during August and Werner might not be landing in London until that’s wrapped up.

Frank Lampard ‘may sell N’Golo Kante AND Jorginho

Chelsea’s ‘one in, one out’ transfer policy this summer may lead to the shock departures of N’Golo Kante and Jorginho, according to reports.

The club have already splashed the cash before the transfer window has even opened – with Hakim Ziyech bought from Ajax and RB Leipzig ace Timo Werner’s £53million release clause triggered.

But The Sun now understand that every purchase must be matched by a sale, and both midfield duo Kante and Jorginho are reportedly at risk of being axed.

Boss Frank Lampard appears more determined than ever to bolster his ranks over the coming months. Chelsea believe they have lost ground on their rivals due to last summer’s transfer ban.

READ Also  Report: Chelsea told to sign koulibaly, Marcos Alonso express feelings over Chilwell deal

However, the same report suggests that the club are still attempting to claw back their expenditure so far this season through outgoings.

A rough total of £90m is likely to be spent on securing their first two targets, and Lampard may have to give the green light for several first-team stars to be shown the exit door.

It is the centre of midfield that may be the most likely area to be overhauled.

The emergence of starlet Billy Gilmour, coupled with Ruben Loftus-Cheek’s return to full fitness, may allow Lampard to undertake a culling.

It is believed that Paris Saint-Germain may turn their long-standing interest in 29-year-old Kante into a concrete offer.

And Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri is also reportedly hopeful of reuniting with Jorginho for what would be a third time.

Share and Enjoy !

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*